Yaletown is a neighbourhood synonymous with style and luxury – what better place to launch the new 2015 Lincoln MKC.
The new 2015 Lincoln MKC is a beautiful car designed with elegance and comfort in mind. But that’s not all – with an All-EcoBoost® engine lineup, the new Lincoln delivers performance and refinement to rival larger-capacity engines while offering significant fuel-economy advantages – good news for consumers.
We had a chance to test drive the car, and I can testify that it is one smooth ride. Priced from just $39,940, this is a luxury vehicle that offers luxury and the latest in technology at a surprisingly affordable price tag for its class.
Some of the most outstanding features include:
– THX® II Certified Audio System.
– The MyLincoln MobileTM app – it gives Lincoln MKC owners the ability to start, lock, unlock and locate their vehicle, as well as schedule a remote start.
– The SYNC® with MyLincoln TouchTM driver connectivity system which enables control of phone, entertainment, climate and optional navigation by means of voice-activated commands.
– Thick, acoustic-laminate windshield glass and felted wheel wells that work to limit road noise.
– Electric power-assisted steering.
– Park out assist – sensors to guide drivers out of tight parallel parking spots.
After our test drive we were treated to a three course dinner at Yaletown’s Hamilton Street Grill. Better known as a contemporary steakhouse, the restaurant offers certified Angus Beef along with a large selection of fresh seafood entrees.
Offerings by Executive chef Neil Wyles included:
Bison Carpaccio – Served with fresh greens, and a Dijon aioli. The meat was tender and it simply melted in your mouth.
Baked Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Cream – The portion was big enough to be a meal. The gnocchi was perfectly firm and the sauce had the right balance of cream and cheese flavour. Very good.
Certified Angus New York Steak with Brandy Pepper Cream Sauce – I was surprised again by the size of the portion. The picture doesn’t give it justice. The steak was cooked medium rare and the sauce had a nice hint of spice thanks to the pepper.
Seared Halibut Filet with Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus in a béarnaise sauce – My dining partner really enjoyed her dish, the fish was cooked to a perfect flaky consistence.
Chocolate Eclair with Coffee Cream and Salted Caramel Gelato – great pairing – chocolate and salted caramel. Again, this dish could’ve easily been shared by two people.
Vanilla Creme Brulee – the brulee top had a nice, thick layer, which made a satisfying “crack” when I broke it open. I love that.
To learn more about the new Lincoln MKC or the Hamilton Street Grill, follow them on Twitter: