Have you ever imagined what the home of the future would be like?
the Future Home is back in Vancouver, this time at Enchant Christmas Light Maze and Market. The TELUS home demonstrates the life-changing potential of its state-of-the-art fibre optic network and offer a preview of what will be possible when homes are connected at the speed of light.
The 585-square-foot Future Home, powered by TELUS PureFibre ™, is designed to demonstrate innovative concept technology, including:
- Facial recognition software to enter the home. A biometric security system will power this feature so that you’ll never have to search for your keys again!
- Smart fridge to help plan your meal while a smart cooktop will guide you through step-by-step instructions on cooking and can calculate the nutritional value of your meal.
- Home office with an interactive touch table allowing you to virtually connect to your doctor’s office and a home gym that brings the trainer, virtually to you.
- Home monitoring sensors and cameras to remotely check on your children, pets, and even your plants with a smartphone.
- VR/ Samsung gear takes you to the virtual gateway to fully immersive 360-dgree content with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Gear VR.
- Interactive art-wall allows you to peer into another time and place by bringing your art-wall to life. Look along the beaches of Fiji or swim beneath the ocean for a truly unique and personalized experience.
- Home entertainment featuring a 4K Ultra HD Optik TV brought to life on a 78” Samsung Curved UHD TV.
The Future Home will be at the Enchant Christmas Light Maze and Market (W 1st Ave. and Crowe Street) on Wednesday, Dec. 7 and will be open from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. daily until Saturday, Dec. 31 (closed on Dec. 12-13, 19 & 25). Want to go check it out for yourself? I have 4 passes (valued $20 each) to go to Enchant. That’s not all! To help you with those new year resolutions, TELUS is also giving a lucky reader a Withings scale (valued at $180) – a scale that coaches, rewards, and records your data automatically. It also records trends and weight patterns as well as nutrition tracking – helping you set goals, and keeping them!
Click on the link to enter:
For more information about TELUS PureFibre ™ and the Future Home, please visit: https://fibre.telus.com/futurehome/.
UPDATE: Congrats Linda! She won the giveaway via blog comment. Thanks to everyone who entered.