Homemade “Earls” Cajun Chicken #Recipe
For my birthday, my coworkers and I went to Earls Station Square in Metrotown. It’s a newly opened restaurant so we wanted to check the place out. I ordered their Cajun Chicken, and it was DELICIOUS! Very flavourful and savoury. I think this may be my favourite chicken dish aside from fried chicken! The Cajun Chicken is a blackened chicken breast with garlic butter, warm potato salad, smoky bacon, and coleslaw.
Just a few days ago, I was craving this wonderful dish so I googled how to make Earls Cajun Chicken. Guess what! I FOUND A RECIPE ONLINE! Here is the link: http://jaredheinrichs.com/how-to-make-earls-cajun-spice-recipe.html.
This recipe is amazing! However, it calls for a lot of thyme which I hate so I only used 1 tsp of it. Also, I only used 2 tsp of salt instead of 4 tsp. The end result was not disappointing. I think the flavour is pretty close to the real Earls Cajun Chicken so you won’t be disappointed.
HOMEMADE “EARLS” CAJUN CHICKEN
Yield: 5 servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
It’s like eating at a restaurant.
6 tsp oregano
3 tsp black peppercorns
3 tsp white peppercorns
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp crushed chilly
1/2 cup paprika
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp salted butter
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Now you have cajun spice.
- Season chicken breast with the cajun spice. Be generous! Smother the chicken with a lot of cajun spice.
- For this recipe, you will only use about 1/2 to 2/3 of the cajun spice.
- Melt butter in a large pan. Don’t burn the butter, so keep the heat at a medium level (maximum 5 or 10 heat level).
- Cook chicken in the pan for 10-15 minutes (medium heat).
- After 10-15 minutes, flip the chicken and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken breasts are fully cooked.
- Remove from heat.
Tadaaa! That’s it! It’s so simple yet so delicious. You can serve it with Caesar salad, warm potato salad, mashed potatoes, french fries, rice, and anything really!
Hope you like the “Earls” Cajun Chicken!