A little over a week ago, we shared the exciting news that the Yaletown Business Improvement Association had announced a fantastic list of 26 restaurants participating in the 13th annual Taste of Yaletown.
This event is a popular community-based event that invites the public to try a variety of 3-course meals created from top chefs in Yaletown, priced at $25, $35, and $45.
Thanks to the Yaletown Business Improvement Association, we were invited to try the special menus from a few of the participating restaurants.
Available Wednesday to Saturday (4-6pm) during Taste of Yaletown, the $25 tasting menu for 2 at XOXOLAT features 3 whiskey tastings and a selection of 8 chocolate treats.
XOXOLAT specializes in single origin and estate chocolates from around the world, and they carry an extensive line of organic, Fair Trade chocolate and Equitable Trade chocolates.
The New Oxford
Our next surprise destination of the evening was The New Oxford, a British-inspired pub with traditional furnishings and gun-metal millwork that sits at the edge of Yaletown, with classic cocktails, craft beer taps, and a stellar food menu.
Choose your appetizer:
- Sweet corn & roasted pepper chowder, with salsa veracruz cilantro
- Kale & roasted sweet potato salad with citrus balsamic dressing, dried tomatoes, and feta
- Crispy pork belly, with tart apple, radish, and maple
For your entree:
- Mushroom & parmesan risotto with wild & cultivated mushrooms, caramelized shallots, and roasted garlic
- BC Salmon with spiced parsnip puree, chili garlic broccoli, and tarragon butter sauce
- Traditional sticky toffee pudding with scotch caramel sauce and vanilla gelato.
If you haven’t visited before, this restaurant will welcome you with fresh pasta, fine wine, and a good time. Their authentic Italian pastas are created from beloved family recipes passed down from generation to generation.
For appetizer, choose:
- Bruschetta Leccese, with Italian DOP gorgonzola, fig marmalade, DOP prosciutto di parma & pine nuts
- Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio, with AAA beef tenderloin, white alba truffle olive oil, and veg sott’olio
- Burrara Caprese (my favourite pick!), with burrata mozzarella from Puglia, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil
For your entree,
- Pappardelle ‘Rosche’, with ragu of organic boneless beef short ribs, Italian fennel sausages, free-range chicken tomato sauce
- Risotto al funghi porcini, with arborio rice and porcini mushrooms
- Lobster & Crab ravioli, with fresh cherry tomato sauce, arugula and tiger prawns
And finally for dessert, best of luck choosing between their tiramisu, panna cotta, and chocolate mousse!
For a full list of the 26 restaurants and their menus, check out the Yaletown BIA’s website: Taste of Yaletown. A word of advice – book your reservations ASAP!