Patio season not only brings the warm weather to us, it also encourages the social gatherings.
But no matter how social you are, it can sometimes get to be a bit much after having finished a long day of work and a bunch of other responsibilities.
So what are you to do when you get called to join a fun gathering last minute that you REALLY want to go to?
You stand up and power up with these two poses – done in a flow of breaths can be pretty beneficial when stuck in a situation like this.
Let’s bring out these two warriors, shall we?
How to Get Into this Poses:
- Stand with your arms out to your sides, level to your shoulders
- Place your feet under your wrists
- Turn your right toes to face forward, keep your left foot as it is
- Keep your arms as they are, turn your torso to face your right foot
- Point your tailbone down toward the earth and draw your belly button in
- Breathe into your belly
- Inhale, turn your right palm to face up
- Exhale, place your left palm overtop of your left back tight
- Inhale, reach your right arm up and lean back
- Exhale here
- Inhale come to back to center
- Repeat a few times
I hope you enjoy this short sequence. Remember to connect your breath.
See the following two images for key considerations when getting into this breath flow:
Have any questions, feel free to ask! For a short tutorial on this pose, I’ve created a video you can find on IGTV (@daisyjeys).