Mouthwatering Low-Calorie, Low Carb Pasta #Recipe
I just got back on the diet wagon so it’s disappointing when I can’t have my favourite food in the entire world: cream sauce pasta! I love cream sauce pasta so much but the calories in the pasta are just too much. The few pasta brands I usually buy have about 310 calories per 85 grams which are not enough to feel full.
One day a co-worker of mine took me to the Low Carb Grocery in Burnaby, and I found this Nutriwell Maccarozone spaghetti. Not only does it only have 115 calories per 50 grams, but it is also 30% higher in fiber and 60% less carb in comparison to traditional pasta. I HAVE FOUND THE LOVE OF MY PASTA!! I bet your first thought is, “The texture must be weird.” NOPE! I won’t lie to you, the texture is different but I think it’s pretty similar to traditional pasta. It’s like comparing white rice to brown rice.
For this recipe, we will be making a pasta sauce with Philadelphia light cream cheese and No Name part-skim mozzarella. The recipe below is based on Don’t Go Bacon My Heart’s Cream Cheese Pasta, and I tweaked it to my liking. Here is the original recipe: https://www.dontgobaconmyheart.co.uk/cream-cheese-pasta/.
You are going to love this pasta!
Low-Calorie Cream Cheese Pasta
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
394 calories per serving
22gr garlic (about 5 cloves)
15gr salted butter
165gr Montreal smoked meat
105gr light cream cheese
90gr part-skim mozzarella
3/4 cup pasta water
1/2 tbsp white truffle oil
300gr Nutriwell Maccarozone spaghetti
Pasta Cooking Instructions:
- Boil water in a pan.
- Add spaghetti to the boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain water into another bowl.
- Set the pasta and pasta water aside.
Cream Cheese Pasta:
- In a pan, melt butter slowly on low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for a few minutes until golden.
- Chop Montreal smoked meat into small pieces and add to the pan.
- Add pasta water, cream cheese, mozzarella, and truffle oil. Stir until cream cheese and mozzarella are melted and mixed well together.
- Add cooked pasta into the pan. Mix well.
That’s it! It’s so quick to make. I loved it so much that I had it for 6 meals in a row. Who says that you can’t eat pasta while you’re on a diet.